Share on Facebook

List of items for game drive lunch – donations needed!



As I’m sure you know, Fasting For Change is making arrangements to take a group of children from Sabera’s Children’s Home on a visit to the Krugersdorp Game Reserve the weekend after Eid, insha-Allah. This is one of the initiatives we are embarking on as part of the task challenge and as the saying goes, the devil is in the details, so we are working extra-hard to ensure that the children have everything that they need for the day.

So many wonderful people are involved with making this project a reality that I can gladly no longer call it my own task any more – it has grown into a collective effort that everyone involved can be proud of.

One of the things we will need help with is providing lunch for approximately 50 people (33 children and the rest would be the organizers, caregivers and media) so if there is any item on the list you can possibly provide, please let me know.

- Salt & pepper sausages
- Fresh rolls
- Coldrinks & juice
- Disposable plates and cups (donated)
- Mineral water (donated)
- Tomato sauce (donated)
- Mustard sauce (donated)
- Cupcakes (2 batches donated)
- Potato crisps (donated)
- Any other easy-to-serve confectionery or treats are welcome

Obviously you would have to live in or around Johannesburg to donate these items. All food must be strictly halaal. As I receive pledges to donate I will update the blog with a (donated) sign. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1 comments:

Zakiya said...

Anyone in Pretoria wishing to donate can contact me on zakiyaster@gmail.com.
Hajira, count me in for a batch of cuppy cakes! About time I baked again!
I'll bring the sauces as well.

Post a Comment